Bail Bonds Near Me: How to Post Bail in Louisiana
It happens, you, your family member, or friend gets arrested. Whatever the case may be, if you need to bail someone out of jail or are looking for bail bonds in Baton Rouge, you've come to the right place. Bad Boyz Bail Bonds can get them out of jail quick and easy. Keep reading to learn how to post bail in Louisiana.
How Not to Get Bail in Louisiana
Not everyone has the guarantee to receive bail in Louisiana. There are two reasons as to why an individual would not make it. First, if the defendant is charged with a capital offense and the court determines after a hearing that the proof is evident that the presumption of guilt is real. Second, if the defendant is charged with a violence crime or drug trafficking, and after a hearing the judge decides from convincing evidence that the individual would flee or hurt someone upon being released.
How to Get Bail in Louisiana
Now, before one can get out of jail on a bond, they must first be booked. This is where the defendants fingerprint and personal information is collected, photographs are taken, and their record about the alleged crime is recorded. Depending on the size of the jail will determine how long this process will take. Smaller jails can have you booked in under an hour, whereas larger jails it could take upwards of two hours. Once the booking is complete, the individual is allowed to make a phone call. Here, they can call a friend, family member, or a bail bond agent.
How Does the Bail Bond Process Work
The bail bond process begins when an individual gets booked in jail and either s/he, a family member, or friend calls a Bad Boyz Bail Agent to walk them through their options. Below are their five options.
1. Personal Recognizance: In many circumstances, nonviolent offenders can be released without having to pay any bond. Instead, they make a promise to appear on their next court date. This happens when the court determines that the individual will not flee or hurt anyone upon being released. This sounds like a viable option, although the entire questioning process to get released is recorded and anything you say can be used against you in your prosecution. Therefore, you could potentially say something that could incriminate you later on. To be safe, you shouldn't say anything without a lawyer and instead call a bail bond company for immediate release.
2. Cash Bond: This is when the individual puts up the entirety of the bond money themselves, and without the help of a bail bond company. Although this is a possibility, it is best to call a bail bond company, like Bad Boyz Bail Bonds, to ensure you are going through the process correctly. Without their help you could end up paying more than needed. Not to mention, bail bond companies can get you a reduction on your bail and offer payment plans to fit your budget.
3. Commercial Surety Bond: Bail bond companies that are licensed and regulated through the state of Louisiana can enter into an agreement with the individual to receive 12% of the bail amount in exchange for guaranteeing the entire amount to the court. However, this amount if typically non-refundable and may require a co-signer.
4. Property Bond: Another option is to put up a piece of property within the state of Louisiana to cover the cost of the bail.
5. Personal Surety Bond Undertaking (PSBU): Lastly, you have the option to bring in a third party who agrees to cover the cost of the bail without paying up front. A hearing usually takes place to determine if the third party is financially capable of paying on behalf of the defendant and there is a fee associated with this.
If you need to bail someone out of jail, don't hesitate to contact us or call an agent right now by calling 225-229-7218. An agent is always available 24/7.